Windsor, Ontario is a beautiful city that has plenty of things to do for visitors. Windsor's diverse population and rich culture make it a great place to live. Windsor also has many historical landmarks, so there are always new things to discover! In this article, we will be discussing the Top Nine Things To do in Windsor. If you're looking for some ideas on what to visit while you're there, keep reading!
Are you looking for things to do in Windsor?
If so, we have compiled a list of the top 10 things to do in this quaint town. From visiting local museums and restaurants to checking out some historical sites, there is something for everyone! Whether you're looking for family-friendly activities or something more exciting, there's definitely something that will interest you. So read on and find out what they are!
Ten things to do in Windsor, Ontario
1. Visit the Art Gallery of Windsor - This museum features Canadian art from 1867-1940 as well as contemporary work by artists from across Canada. The gallery also hosts various events throughout the year such as lectures and workshops which are open to all members of the public.
2. Go Wine Tasting at Vinoteca - Enjoy wine tasting with friends while learning about different wines available at this establishment.
3. Shop Local - There are many boutiques located downtown where visitors can purchase unique items including clothing, jewelry, accessories, and home decor among other things.
4. Check Out Some Historical Sites - There are several historical sites located around Windsor that people can visit.
Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church
Fort Malden National Historic Site
5. Spend an afternoon at Point Pelee National Park - The park is located about an hour and a half drive from Windsor in Leamington, Ontario. It features trails that are perfect for walking or hiking as well as picnic areas where visitors can take a break while enjoying the beautiful scenery around them.
The park also has special events such as bird watching tours during certain seasons of the year when migrating birds can be seen in large numbers. There is also a lighthouse located at the park which was built in 1848 and remains open for tours today.
6. Discover all there is to know about Windsor whisky - Windsor Whisky Tours offers visitors the chance to learn all there is about Windsor's whisky history. The tour takes guests through Windsor, Ontario where they will visit several distilleries still in operation today and have a tasting at each of them so that they can get an understanding of how this famous spirit develops over time.
The tour also includes lunch at Windsor's own Walkerville Brewery.
7. Visit Windsor's historic Olde Sandwich Towne - Windsor's Olde Sandwich Towne is a historic district located just east of Windsor's downtown area. It features several buildings that are hundreds of years old which have been preserved and restored so they can be enjoyed by all visitors to the town.
Windsor's Olde Sandwich Towne is a historic neighborhood that was founded in 1797. It features some of Windsor's best examples of Victorian architecture and there are several specialty shops located here where visitors can find unique items to take home with them as souvenirs from their visit.
8. Get lost in the maze of shops and restaurants that is Devonshire Mall - Windsor's largest shopping mall, Devonshire Mall is home to over 200 stores where visitors can purchase everything they need for their Windsor vacation. It also features several restaurants and food court options if people want to take a break from all the fun of exploring Windsor by enjoying some time out at one of its many dining establishments.
Devonshire Mall was built in 1970 at the location of the former Devonshire Raceway, a horse racing track that has existed since 1935, it is by far the largest mall in Windsor.
9. Catch a live show at The Music Hall Chrysler Theatre - Windsor's Music Hall Chrysler Theatre is located in Windsor, Ontario, and presents world-class artists in their line-up throughout the year.
The Music Hall Chrysler Theatre is Windsor's largest theater with 1200 seats for visitors to enjoy Windsor's best live entertainment events as well as lectures from some of the area's most notable speakers. It also resides St. Claire College Centre for the arts. Windsor Ontario is full of fun things to do.
We hope this list is helpful in your quest to find the perfect activity for you and your friends. There's never a shortage of things to do in this amazing town! When you visit, be sure to take advantage of the many fun and exciting activities we have available. From family-friendly attractions like visiting historical sites and museums to live music bars or boat cruises on the waterfront, there is something for everyone. We hope that by reading through our blog post you've found some new ideas for your next vacation destination